Display problem with YDL 6.2

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Display problem with YDL 6.2

Postby vamc.mc » 27 Jan 2010, 22:13

Hello
I have a Sony Bravia V series 47" 1080P TV and a Bose V30 system. My PS3 is connected to Bose V30 via HDMI and Bose V30 to my TV via HDMI.
I have no issues running my game os from PS3. I downloaded YDL 6.2 yesterday and was trying to install it on PS3. When i selected my Default os as
"other OS" from PS3 and rebooted it, i get a blank screen with a message "unknown resolution, check your device output". Assuming it as display problem, i have bypassed Bose and connected PS3 directly to the TV and it shows fine. So it must be a Resolution issue with the Bose. So i went ahead and installed it without any issues and then i connected back with Bose. I still get the same message. My bose video settings are set to 1080P and when installing Linux, i installed it with 1080p option. I also tried changing the Bose Video settings to different resolutions 1080i, 720p, 480p but nothing seem to work. I even called Bose support and they could not help me.

Since my Gameos is working fine with Bose, i am thinking its definitely a resolution issue with Linux.
Please help!!
Thanks
vamc.mc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner