Java and Firefox 3.6 A Burst Bubble ?

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Java and Firefox 3.6 A Burst Bubble ?

Postby roshi » 08 Apr 2010, 00:30

So, thanks to Paul we (some) have Firefox 3.6 for YDL 6.2 - are you able to view java applets? I have been looking into java for Firefox 3.6 and per:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Usi ... th+Firefox

Starting in Firefox 3.6, you also need the new Java plugin included in Java 6 Update 15 and above.

Currently, my firefox 3.6 is running without java :( -

anytime you would like to test your java platform you may browse http://www.time.gov

to verify java installation you can check about:plugins from your browser address window

--roshi
--those who complain rarely read. those who read rarely complain.
roshi
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: Java and Firefox 3.6 A Burst Bubble ?

Postby smithdwsn » 10 May 2010, 18:56

It is necessary to install java runtime environment for java applet environment. You also need the new Java plug in included in Java 6 Update 15 and above. You can enabling java in Mozilla so you have to follow these steps.
Open Firefox > Menu bar > Tools >click on Add-ons>Select the Plugins panel>Click on the Java item to select it>Click Enable.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery
smithdwsn
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Java and Firefox 3.6 A Burst Bubble ?

Postby ppietro » 10 May 2010, 19:24

smithdwsn wrote:It is necessary to install java runtime environment for java applet environment. You also need the new Java plug in included in Java 6 Update 15 and above. You can enabling java in Mozilla so you have to follow these steps.
Open Firefox > Menu bar > Tools >click on Add-ons>Select the Plugins panel>Click on the Java item to select it>Click Enable.

Is that available for IBMs Java? We are unable to use Sun's Java, since they don't support PowerPC. So far, I haven't seen this from IBM.

Roshi - I've just been using Firefox 3.0.x for Java. Since both Firefoxes are on my system, I can just launch what I want. But - that's not a very elegant solution.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginner