Does an iPod Touch work with YDL's media playes?

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Does an iPod Touch work with YDL's media playes?

Postby Iguana » 12 Apr 2010, 03:57

I've read most of the topics and threads in this board and I've had YDL on my ps3 for about four months and a half. Also I've kept everything updated and I've even followed along with most of the guides here like enabling Java for The web browser, installing geco mplayer, and the multi media updates, etc... Any ways, I have an ipod touch 2nd generation with 8gb and I haven't been succesful outputting any music or movies trough any of Linux's media players. Oh and I think I can view pictures from my ipod, because Linux detects my ipod as a camara when its pluged in, though im not sure. But mainly I want to listen to my music trough vlc or any of the other media players.. I think ipod nano's an ipod shuffles work with YDL... Any Ideas on how to make an ipod touch work with in Linux?
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: Does an iPod Touch work with YDL's media playes?

Postby Iguana » 12 Apr 2010, 22:54

Iguana wrote:I've read most of the topics and threads in this board and I've had YDL on my ps3 for about four months and a half. Also I've kept everything updated and I've even followed along with most of the guides here like enabling Java for The web browser, installing geco mplayer, and the multi media updates, etc... Any ways, I have an ipod touch 2nd generation with 8gb and I haven't been succesful outputting any music or movies trough any of Linux's media players. Oh and I think I can view pictures from my ipod, because Linux detects my ipod as a camara when its pluged in, though im not sure. But mainly I want to listen to my music trough vlc or any of the other media players.. I think ipod nano's an ipod shuffles work with YDL... Any Ideas on how to make an ipod touch work with in Linux?

Actually, I've found my answer :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4992&p=27417&hilit=ipod+touch#p27417 Though the post is kinda old and I haven't tried the program listed in that post... :roll: sorry..
[EDIT] I've tried the program listed in the other post, and sadly I couldn't get it to work with my ipod touch... Any other ideas or solutions?
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Beginner