PHP 5.2

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

Re: PHP 5.2

Postby ppietro » 11 Jun 2010, 23:11

mmajidi wrote:I will follow your instruction to install the RPM however I am just wandering if the installation of RPM fails or cause a problem, is there a way to unistall and come back to the current version of MySql.

Sure - as long as you have the original RPMs on the YDL distribution DVD you should be able to get the current version of MySQL back. man rpm has documentation on uninstalling RPM files.

You should also be able to use Add/Remove Software or YUM to uninstall and re-install the original MySQL as well.

YUM is actually an RPM manager. When you install a program with YUM, it downloads RPMs and all dependencies from a remote server and installs them for you. It's as if you had run the RPM command manually on a bunch of files.

mmajidi wrote:I am under a tide deadline and this is a production server.

Be aware that this is a volunteer board. We are not employees of Yellow Dog Linux, or Fixstars. There are no guarantees in any advice we give you.

In addition, we do not represent Fixstars or Yellow Dog Linux in any official capacity. Any advice you follow from our board you follow at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that results to your system.

If you need help for production level servers, I would strongly urge you to contact Fixstars directly:
http://www.fixstars.com/en/index.html

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Beginner