iMac G4 ydl 6.2 questions

If you are new to YDL and have some more or less basic questions.

iMac G4 ydl 6.2 questions

Postby BBS » 15 Sep 2011, 17:21

Hi All,
I'm new to iMac and ydl and need ur help.

Have completed the install of ydl on to the G4, however, I am unable to get Flash working in firefox and the DVD tray won't open using the keyboard. Has anyone else come across this and if so how do I resolve this

Cheers in advance

BBS
BBS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: iMac G4 ydl 6.2 questions

Postby ppietro » 16 Sep 2011, 06:18

BBS wrote:Have completed the install of ydl on to the G4, however, I am unable to get Flash working in firefox and the DVD tray won't open using the keyboard. Has anyone else come across this and if so how do I resolve this

Well - although I'm a PS3 owner, I can answer the Flash question for you. Although there is Adobe Flash for Linux and Adobe Flash for PowerPC (Mac), there is no version of Adobe Flash for PowerPC Linux. :(

See my post here for an in-depth explanation and a few things you can try: YouTube, Flash and the PS3

As you read it, where you see PS3, think Mac, and where you see Cell, think G4. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iMac G4 ydl 6.2 questions

Postby BBS » 17 Sep 2011, 16:23

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the post, as I thought with PPC Linux!!! So putting on Ubuntu PPC will be the same.....

As for the DVD eject I'm still having the same issue, has anyone else tried installing YDL onto a G4 and solved this major problem? I'm think that Ubuntu PPC wouldn't do this, so this might now be my best option. Will have to wait for adobe to sort there act out.

Cheers

BBS
BBS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Beginner