Help installing Lisa daemon LAN Browser

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Help installing Lisa daemon LAN Browser

Postby masterkale » 18 Sep 2005, 04:27

Hello I just installed YDL 4.0.1 on my new iBook and would like to be ablle to plug into the school network and browse the servers kinda like in "network neighborhood" on windows. I have spen't hours and hours trying to get it to install. I finally found a site with it, but there is a ton of dependencies that I have to compile each one and install. I am figureing that there is an easier way since it seems to me that the "LAN Browser" should be part of the default install because it has a whole menu place in the "start-here" place.

Please direct me to the best way to install it, and I am open to anything else that would work, if it is easier to install.

Thank you for your help.
masterkale
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Help installing Lisa daemon LAN Browser

Postby steve.gregory » 10 Nov 2006, 09:04

Ahh i did a search and this message came back but it looks like no one replied! I'm basically asking the same question. I have used 'network browser' gui utils on Mac/Windows/linux. But my question is simple, if i can browse what machines are on the local network using the gui -- How can i do this on the command line?

I've done some digging but ain't getting very far! I'm guessing there isn't one magical command to browse the lan...

I'm using ydl and also suse and even older solaris boxes at work (and obviously the mac os x unix too). I don't want to keep returning back to the gui each time i need to search the lan for other computers!

How can this be done on the command line? Curious...

Thanks all :-)

Steve.
steve.gregory
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby kentc » 20 Mar 2013, 21:23

Im having the same issue, anyone out there with some advice?
kentc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby kentc » 26 Mar 2013, 00:06

For those that want to install "Lisa", from command line run the following:

ntsysv (I forgot the power CentOS has) just use that from terminal > I was able to select it but found the KDE browser and have been using that. That's for those looking for Lisa.

Kent C.
kentc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to General