How to control ADC Flatpanel brightness?

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

How to control ADC Flatpanel brightness?

Postby hank_le » 04 Oct 2004, 18:07

Hi,

Since I had no responses on mailing list, I'll try here...

I've got an Apple 15-inch LCD Studio Display (ADC connector) connected to my G4 desktop (466MHz Digital Audio). Since the display has no buttons on it (and I don't have any MacOS on the machine), I have no idea how to control the brightess of the display (i.e control/turn on/turn off the backlight).

Any out there with any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks
hank_le
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

ADC Flatpanel brightness control...

Postby hank_le » 08 Oct 2004, 16:32

In trying to answer my own post, I found this on a discussion on the Apple Cinema Displays:

63. Andillo commented on 8/27/2004 10:39:38 AM:

Jonathan O'Brien,

You can't change the brightness with the video card settings, because the monitor brightness is the intensity of the backlight - and the video card brightness changes only the values of displayed pixels.

However, THERE IS A WAY to change the backlight strength. You need a small tool that does it (I suppose it's done through USB):

http://www.metaexception.de/download/CineDispPanel.zip

I haven't tried it, but I hope for you that it will work.

While this is a PC/Windows tool, surely there must be a linux-based tool to talk to the display?
hank_le
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 08 Oct 2004, 23:23

Unfortunatly, there may not be; as most manufactures keep most of the control protocals for thier products proprietary w/ expensive fees if they do lisence it out. Why airport extreme doesnt work yet-until someone can hack the interface protocals and figure them out the driver projects for it arent going to go much anywhere
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to General