How do I update YDL Version/Get NTFS capability?

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

How do I update YDL Version/Get NTFS capability?

Postby nicbaird » 22 Feb 2008, 05:02

I'm fairly incompetent at Linux, but I always seem to manage to do complicated computer stuff by following guides.
I'm trying to transfer large files to YDL on my PS3, so I need it to support NTFS. I read somewhere that a later version of Yellow Dog it can support this. I installed the latest version in December 2007, how do I upgrade to 6.0?
If anyone can help me or direct me to a thread that has alreaedy addressed this I would appreciate it a lot.
nicbaird
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: How do I update YDL Version/Get NTFS capability?

Postby ppietro » 23 Feb 2008, 23:03

nicbaird wrote:I'm fairly incompetent at Linux, but I always seem to manage to do complicated computer stuff by following guides.
I'm trying to transfer large files to YDL on my PS3, so I need it to support NTFS. I read somewhere that a later version of Yellow Dog it can support this. I installed the latest version in December 2007, how do I upgrade to 6.0?
If anyone can help me or direct me to a thread that has alreaedy addressed this I would appreciate it a lot.

I don't have the 6.0 installer yet, so I don't feel qualified to answer that part of your question.

I will mention that YDL 6.0 is only available for purchase at this time. Check out http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com for more information. The "free" version of 6.0 doesn't hit the public mirrors until March.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nicbaird » 25 Feb 2008, 05:07

ahhh..ok, thanks anyway! I have my fingers crossed. I like watching movies on my ps3.
nicbaird
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

samba

Postby omnicronx » 08 Mar 2008, 06:56

install samba server
omnicronx
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to General