ydl6 and cd's iso

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

ydl6 and cd's iso

Postby sacarde » 10 Mar 2008, 14:29

hi,
where can I found YDL6 cd-iso's ?

thankyou
sacarde
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: ydl6 and cd's iso

Postby ppietro » 10 Mar 2008, 16:18

sacarde wrote:hi,
where can I found YDL6 cd-iso's ?

thankyou

Any of the public mirrors should have them now:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/downloads/
will get you started.

(I've had good luck with the Oregon State mirror, myself. :) )

EDIT: Oh - wait - do you actually need it on CD, not DVD? Nevermind - you may be out of luck with that. :(

According to this page (emphasis added by me):

The following WERE officially supported through Yellow Dog Linux v5.x and may function with the current release, with some devices (ie: sound, video) not fully supported. In addition, those which do not offer a bootable DVD reader may require netbooting or the use of CD ROM images. The netboot image is available on the YDL DVD. CD ISOs (images) are not available from Terra Soft:

New World ROM G3s (anything before the G4 product line): Blue & White tower, iMac G3, iBook G3

Sorry :(

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheBurf » 07 Apr 2008, 16:11

Hi,

Just added this on another thread:

http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=3285

If you have no DVD writer
TheBurf
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby heatheir » 02 Jul 2009, 06:45

How can i make the dvd writer to open the files and videos from disc? i replaced cd-rw/dvd drive and fixed 22x dvd writer.i can open the files from hard disc only,but drive cant open any files and videos from disc.i got the error msg'only part of a read process memory or write process memory request was completed'.(in burning no problem)what is problem?solution pls!
Last edited by heatheir on 04 Jul 2009, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
heatheir
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 02 Jul 2009, 09:08

heatheir wrote:How can i make the dvd writer to open the files and videos from disc? i replaced cd-rw/dvd drive and fixed 22x dvd writer.i can open the files from hard disc only,but drive cant open any files and videos from disc.i got the error msg'only part of a read process memory or write process memory request was completed'.(in burning no problem)what is problem?solution pls!

Sorry - it's very hard to understand your question. Can you ask it again - simply and concisely?

The more clear you can be - the better we can help you.

If you can include the error messages you're getting, that will help too.

Also - this is a help forum for the Yellow Dog Linux operating system running on Power PC-based computers. These include the PlayStation 3, older Apple Macintoshes, and IBM Blade Servers. If you're using Microsoft Windows running on a Intel processor based PC (x86), this isn't the best place to ask. :)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General