Fortran Issues in YDL

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Fortran Issues in YDL

Postby amori » 16 May 2008, 16:56

Hello YDL Community:

I installed YDL 6.X on my PS3. Chose the default package + development.

Now before I port my fortran applications to linux, I thought I'd test the "gfortran" compiler that came with YDL with a simple "hello world" code.

When I ran:

gfortran hello.f -o hello

I get:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/ppc64-yellowdog-linux/4.1.1/libgfortranbegin.a when searching for -lgfortranbegin
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/ppc64-yellowdog-linux/4.1.1/libgfortranbegin.a when searching for -lgfortranbegin
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortranbegin
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Now I realize FORTRAN is a very old language but prior to buying the PS3 and installing YDL 6.X I ensured that this was the correct linux distro for getting the development packages to work "right off the bat" (in particular FORTRAN).

Additionally I ran (and I get):

gfortran -v
Using built-in specs
Target: ppc64-yellowdog-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release ==with-system-slib -enable-....................................................
gcc version 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52.ydl.1)

Any help would be much appreciated. I can't do my project without first getting the FORTRAN compiler to work. Any insight, suggestions, comments anything will be great.

Thanks!
Amori
Consoles ever purchased:
Atari, PS3
amori
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to General