anybody here tried out Fedora 9 on an iMac?

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

anybody here tried out Fedora 9 on an iMac?

Postby uncooldude » 22 May 2008, 00:02

I'm thinking of putting Fedora 9 on a partition on my old iMac monster. Any objections? Anybody here tried sulphur? Any bugs or problems to report?

I mean, I do realize that this is a yellowdog forum, but YDL ain't supporting the classic iMacs anymore, so....

What's a guy to do?
You can fool some of the people all of the time. The rest will just go along with it. --Me
uncooldude
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: anybody here tried out Fedora 9 on an iMac?

Postby ppietro » 22 May 2008, 00:47

uncooldude wrote:I'm thinking of putting Fedora 9 on a partition on my old iMac monster. Any objections? Anybody here tried sulphur? Any bugs or problems to report?

I mean, I do realize that this is a yellowdog forum, but YDL ain't supporting the classic iMacs anymore, so....

What's a guy to do?

Possibly ask this question on the Fedora forums where it might get a non-snarky response? :lol: ;)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: anybody here tried out Fedora 9 on an iMac?

Postby billb » 22 May 2008, 02:09

uncooldude wrote:I'm thinking of putting Fedora 9 on a partition on my old iMac monster. Any objections? Anybody here tried sulphur? Any bugs or problems to report?

I'm thinking it won't run so well, even if it does install and meets the minimum system requirements. Does it have a DVD drive?

The old iMac I had and have since given away was a G3-400 with DVD and it ran OK with YDL 5.0.2 installed.

I have Fedora 9 on my PS3 now, though it has been a pain so far ... pulseaudio at the root of it once again ( as with Fedora 8 ), and I read about issues with the new version of gcc, though I haven't tried compiling anything yet on F9, myself. See this post on fedoraforum.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General