Problems with software updater

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Problems with software updater

Postby akaaka99 » 30 May 2008, 04:03

Hello I just install YDL on my ps3 and when I try to update using the software updater i got this bug:

Component: Software Updater
Summary: TB0b6a9d11 __init__.py:892:downloadHeader:RepoError: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/pup", line 438, in _apply
self.applyChanges(self.mainwin)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/__init__.py", line 557, in applyChanges
self.checkDeps(mainwin)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/__init__.py", line 322, in checkDeps
self.populateTs(keepold=0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 201, in populateTs
self.downloadHeader(txmbr.po)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 892, in downloadHeader
raise Errors.RepoError, saved_repo_error
RepoError: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Local variables in innermost frame:
errors: {}
e: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//var/cache/yum/updates/headers/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.hdr'
self: <__main__.PackageUpdater object at 0x1043f450>
saved_repo_error: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
repo: updates
checkfunc: (<bound method PackageUpdater.verifyHeader of <__main__.PackageUpdater object at 0x1043f450>>, (<yum.sqlitesack.YumAvailablePackageSqlite object at 0x108ede90>, 1), {})
local: //var/cache/yum/updates/headers/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.hdr
po: krb5-workstation - 1.6.1-17.1.ppc
ps3 fan boy
akaaka99
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Same here

Postby diehardtwb » 31 May 2008, 21:58

I'm guessing there's an update occuring on their server or something. Perhaps try in a couple hours to run the update?
diehardtwb
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Problems with software updater

Postby aguila » 24 Oct 2008, 19:09

akaaka99 wrote:Hello I just install YDL on my ps3 and when I try to update using the software updater i got this bug:

Summary: TB0b6a9d11 __init__.py:892:downloadHeader:RepoError: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-17.1.ppc.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pirut/__init__.py", line 557, in applyChanges
self.checkDeps(mainwin) ...

Here's a link to a posted page explaining about this program. Note that when you access that page be sure to click upon the blue yum to learn more details regarding properly setting up yum. Setting up yum properly also helps the Updater function efficiently as it also utilizes yum to access libraries and packages for installation into YDL. Here's the link: http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/
aguila
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby aguila » 24 Oct 2008, 19:19

akaaka99 wrote:Hello I just install YDL on my ps3 and when I try to update using the software updater i got this bug:

self.checkDeps(mainwin) ...

Here's a link to a posted page explaining about this program. Note that when you access that page be sure to click upon the blue yum to learn more details regarding properly setting up yum. Setting up yum properly also helps the Updater function efficiently as it also utilizes yum to access libraries and packages for installation into YDL. Here's the link: http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/
aguila
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 25 Oct 2008, 18:19

aguila wrote:Here's a link to a posted page explaining about this program. Note that when you access that page be sure to click upon the blue yum to learn more details regarding properly setting up yum. Setting up yum properly also helps the Updater function efficiently as it also utilizes yum to access libraries and packages for installation into YDL. Here's the link: http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/

Hiya!

Although we appreciate the info - :D - be sure to check the dates of the original posts. This question was originally posted in May. Chances are we answered it at that time - either in another thread or during the board switchover. (When the board switched over to TerraSoft from a private user, we lost about a month of posts - see here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3715 )

I'm not trying to dissuade you from answering posts :D It's just likely that because of the date of the post the original poster moved on and isn't monitoring for replies.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General