Launch Terminal/Shell Script on Login?

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Launch Terminal/Shell Script on Login?

Postby Cood » 12 Sep 2008, 22:02

I have YDL 6.0 on my PS3 and it is configured to autologin to Gnome on bootup. I created a Bash shell script which has an interactive menu. I would like to have this launch and be waiting on the screen upon login. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

I have tried adding it to System, Preferences, Session, Startup Programs... but I do not see it. Since this is a command/terminal based script, do I somehow need to have it launch terminal first and then is there an option to have it run the script upon starting?

Thanks for any help.
Cood
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Launch Terminal/Shell Script on Login?

Postby CronoCloud » 14 Sep 2008, 08:53

Cood wrote:I have YDL 6.0 on my PS3 and it is configured to autologin to Gnome on bootup. I created a Bash shell script which has an interactive menu. I would like to have this launch and be waiting on the screen upon login. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

I have tried adding it to System, Preferences, Session, Startup Programs... but I do not see it. Since this is a command/terminal based script, do I somehow need to have it launch terminal first and then is there an option to have it run the script upon starting?

Thanks for any help.

I think you could do it in your window manager startup scripts like this:
Code: Select all
exec rxvt -e your_script

Hope this helps

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Return to General