cannot open software installer

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

cannot open software installer

Postby trickassfoo » 27 Oct 2008, 00:11

while using ydl 6.0 im having trouble installing my repos. i tried to install yum protectbase using the following command;
yum install yum-protectbase
and i get the following;
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Config Error: File contains no section headers.
file: file://///etc/yum.repos.d/livna-stable.repo, line: 1
' [livna-stable]\n'

when i try to open software installer, or add/remove software i get "config error"
"configuration error" details>none

i'm following this guide, by billb, and i must have stumbled and done something wrong along the way, i also tried this over a few times to make sure i got it right :S.

http://pleasantfiction.ipower.com/bodeg ... p?f=11&t=9
trickassfoo
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: cannot open software installer

Postby ppietro » 27 Oct 2008, 04:38

trickassfoo wrote:while using ydl 6.0 im having trouble installing my repos. i tried to install yum protectbase using the following command;
yum install yum-protectbase
and i get the following;
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Config Error: File contains no section headers.
file: file://///etc/yum.repos.d/livna-stable.repo, line: 1
' [livna-stable]\n'

when i try to open software installer, or add/remove software i get "config error"
"configuration error" details>none

i'm following this guide, by billb, and i must have stumbled and done something wrong along the way, i also tried this over a few times to make sure i got it right :S.

http://pleasantfiction.ipower.com/bodeg ... p?f=11&t=9

Hmmm... I don't think your additional repo files were created correctly.

Make sure your repo files look like the files on this page:
viewtopic.php?t=3017

(Don't worry - I'm not telling you different information. That page is also written by billb. :))

Also - what editor are you using to create the additional repo files? You might want to try nano instead of gedit or vice versa. (Someone else have a good editor suggestion? I use vi exclusively - so I'm not the best person to ask. :lol:)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cannot open software installer

Postby billb » 03 Nov 2008, 06:07

I think what's happening is that users are clicking on the "Select All" option that comes up when you use the [code] tags around text on the forum(s). When you paste the text into a text editor it adds around 5 spaces to the beginning of each line which creates a problem for yum. If you manually select the text normally and copy/paste it then that doesn't happen. For this reason I've started changing my guides so the [code] tag isn't used for the text meant to be copy/pasted into the repo files.

So anyway, to fix the problem just open the file(s) in a text editor and remove the leading spaces on each line.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General