rtld (GNU-HASH)???

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

rtld (GNU-HASH)???

Postby Psychosanity » 20 Dec 2008, 14:13

Herre is a problem i've been messing with for weeks, I just can't find any help for it. I am running YDL 5 on PS3 and am trying to install a couple of programs, but every program I want to install requires the rtld (GNU-HASH) dependicy. I've looked for this everywhere and found that rtld is included with glibc. Yet I have glibc, I have a quite reasent version (2.4.11) and this version should include rtld... but i keep geting "need rtld (GNU-HASH)" errors. I'm not sure what to do anymore, any help is greatly appretiated, thanks!
Psychosanity
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: rtld (GNU-HASH)???

Postby billb » 20 Dec 2008, 15:29

Psychosanity wrote:Herre is a problem i've been messing with for weeks, I just can't find any help for it. I am running YDL 5 on PS3 and am trying to install a couple of programs, but every program I want to install requires the rtld (GNU-HASH) dependicy. I've looked for this everywhere and found that rtld is included with glibc. Yet I have glibc, I have a quite reasent version (2.4.11) and this version should include rtld... but i keep geting "need rtld (GNU-HASH)" errors. I'm not sure what to do anymore, any help is greatly appretiated, thanks!

I'm fairly certain that problem occurs when you try to install an application build for YDL 6 or perhaps Fedora Core 6 on YDL 5. I definitely recommend updating to YDL 6.1 if possible.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Psychosanity » 20 Dec 2008, 21:13

Ok, i'll give that a shot. But one quick noob question, what's the best and quickest way to backup my installed programs before installing YDL 6.1? That way I don't have to re-download and install everything I have all over again.
Psychosanity
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby billb » 21 Dec 2008, 15:19

Psychosanity wrote:Ok, i'll give that a shot. But one quick noob question, what's the best and quickest way to backup my installed programs before installing YDL 6.1? That way I don't have to re-download and install everything I have all over again.

Well ... that depends on what kind of programs you're talking about. Most anything you had on YDL 5 would be a different version on YDL 6, so you wouldn't want to simply backup/restore an application. Most settings are stored in your home directory, often in hidden folders (beginning with a . like .snes9x, for example).

If you can be a little more specific about what you want to save I can try to help. I'm about to update a 6.0 install to 6.1 today, myself...
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Psychosanity » 21 Dec 2008, 22:24

Alright, i gotcha. I'll just backup the settings then. I'll install 6.1 and see if the errors stop and letcha know if it worked. Thanks for your help by the way, i hope it works ^_^
Psychosanity
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Psychosanity » 23 Dec 2008, 05:54

Well I just updated to YDL 6.1 on a PS3, and I no longer receive the rtld error. Kinda freaked when VLC wasn't working, but I easily fixed that once I realized what the problem was. Anyway thanks for your help! ^_^
Psychosanity
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to General