can't get display in fullscreen

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

can't get display in fullscreen

Postby Digitalgenicide » 25 May 2009, 00:23

hey everyone i,ve been having a trouble tring to get yellow dog to display in fullscreen on my tv. i installed yd on a 480p tv and i just bought a 720p. i have tried testing different video modes with ps3-video-mode -m ( I also tried -v) but the only one that displays is mode 1. i think its cuz im using the standard componet cables but im not really sure. Also when ever i tried to test fullscreen mode ( by adding 128 to the video mode) the top half of the screen almost goes into fullscreen but its too blurry to read and the bottom of the screen is just blank. im not really sure what to try
Digitalgenicide
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: can't get display in fullscreen

Postby ppietro » 25 May 2009, 07:21

Digitalgenicide wrote:hey everyone i,ve been having a trouble tring to get yellow dog to display in fullscreen on my tv. i installed yd on a 480p tv and i just bought a 720p. i have tried testing different video modes with ps3-video-mode -m ( I also tried -v) but the only one that displays is mode 1. i think its cuz im using the standard componet cables but im not really sure. Also when ever i tried to test fullscreen mode ( by adding 128 to the video mode) the top half of the screen almost goes into fullscreen but its too blurry to read and the bottom of the screen is just blank. im not really sure what to try

Using standard component cables should be fine. Are you sure you're not using composite cables?

Component cables would have 5 plugs (three for video, two for audio). Only these would work with 720p.

Also - when you use ps3-video-mode, make sure you're using it from a text mode, and not from a GUI. Use Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch to a text login.

The only other thing I can think of is scanning frequency. Is your set 60 Hz or 50 Hz? There are different video modes for each. I'd try both.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Digitalgenicide » 26 May 2009, 17:08

yeah i am using the composite cables. sry small typo. im picking up some HDMI cable this friday, so ill try it again then. thanks
Digitalgenicide
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby ppietro » 26 May 2009, 19:08

Digitalgenicide wrote:yeah i am using the composite cables. sry small typo. im picking up some HDMI cable this friday, so ill try it again then. thanks

Yeah - what you're describing would happen with composite cables. The HDMI should take care of it. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General