Folders Wont Open

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Folders Wont Open

Postby WB2Colorado » 19 Jul 2009, 05:39

Hi,

I have Yellow Dog 6.1 installed on an iMac G3, and I just noticed that I can't open any of the folders I have created. I can open them in Firefox, but not in the standard window manager. I have very important files stored in these folders and accessing them in Firefox isn't very useful because I can't move them around.

Is there a fix for this?
WB2Colorado
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Folders Wont Open

Postby bonedome » 26 Jul 2009, 23:50

Hello
I use a ps3 but I can't see as that should make any difference, so let's get this right you're opening up nautilus double clicking on a file and nothing happens ? I don't want to sound patronising but you've tried right click > open, can you open any files or just certain ones ? I'm not a 100% sure linux likes the ntfs file system (or is it the other way round) read this viewtopic.php?p=25996#p24048 also you can set to open files with single click in preferences > behavior.
If you're having no joy try thunar file manager I much prefer it to nautilus.
It might be an idea to copy the files to a memory device aswell and also try them on another machine,
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to General