2 Boot up problems

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

2 Boot up problems

Postby Linux Abuser » 31 Jul 2009, 19:54

1. i messed up when i installed i guess and theres a problem thats says wlan0 error invalid arguement and then takes about 2 minutes [failed]

2. ever since i tried to install kde at login there are no graphics and i lost my file manager and alot of other apps

im thinking about reinstalling and if i do would my ps3 data be lost?
Linux Abuser
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: 2 Boot up problems

Postby ppietro » 31 Jul 2009, 21:09

Linux Abuser wrote:1. i messed up when i installed i guess and theres a problem thats says wlan0 error invalid arguement and then takes about 2 minutes [failed]

That might be fixable. Try some of the steps here:
Wireless tips and tricks for YDL 6.1

Linux Abuser wrote:im thinking about reinstalling and if i do would my ps3 data be lost?

No - as long as you don't re-format or re-partition your drive from the PS3's GameOS XMB, your PS3 data is safe. (And - you don't have to do that for a Linux install. Leave the PS3 drive formatting - from the XMB - as is!)

However - a YDL re-install will wipe out your Linux data, so make sure you backup anything you need in Linux before you re-install.

If there's any doubt in your mind, a PS3 GameOS backup is easy to do. You just need a USB drive formatted FAT 32 - the PS3 will take care of the rest.

(NOTE: A PS3 backup won't back-up Linux - just your PS3 Game saves, downloads, etc. You have to backup Linux from Linux.)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General