NEW PROBLEM: VLC fullscreen freeze

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

NEW PROBLEM: VLC fullscreen freeze

Postby ravenous420 » 04 Aug 2009, 04:19

hi again, you guys are great, i was just watching a movie on ydl 6.2, using vlc that u guys helped me install, and when i goto full screen (by the way it works my files perfectly) and the movie starts up properly, however lets say i wanted to jump back out of full screen, i double click with the left mouse button and the movie disapears, but the fullscreen is black still... all i have access too is the sidebar and i have to reboot to get the sound of the movie to stop playback... what do i do?
80GB PS3 YDL6.2 on a 13" SD 480i - Worlds Smallest Television lol
ravenous420
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: NEW PROBLEM: VLC fullscreen freeze

Postby ppietro » 04 Aug 2009, 09:14

ravenous420 wrote:hi again, you guys are great, i was just watching a movie on ydl 6.2, using vlc that u guys helped me install, and when i goto full screen (by the way it works my files perfectly) and the movie starts up properly, however lets say i wanted to jump back out of full screen, i double click with the left mouse button and the movie disapears, but the fullscreen is black still... all i have access too is the sidebar and i have to reboot to get the sound of the movie to stop playback... what do i do?

This may be an issue with the framebuffer display of the PS3 - in which case, there's nothing much you can do.

If you're using the default Enlightenment window manager, you might try Gnome. It's already loaded on your system. At your login screen, click the "Sessions" menu, and select Gnome.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonedome » 04 Aug 2009, 11:01

Hello
to go in and out of full screen put the cursor on the (maximised) screen and just type f I'm guessing if you double click you open another vlc window.
If you're viewing hi res video it probably really won't like full screen anyway and is marginally better windowed
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby Digitalgenicide » 04 Aug 2009, 18:33

I had the same problem when i used Enlightenment. i would try a different desktop environment like Gnome or XFCE
Digitalgenicide
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

YDL6.2 - VLC MEDIA PLAYER FREEZES

Postby ravenous420 » 05 Aug 2009, 00:23

hey i have this in vlc messages when i get the error:

freetype error: failed to load font file /usr/share/fonts/dejavu-lgc/DejaVuLGCSerif.ttf
main warning: resampling stopped after 15700391 usec (drift: -37052)
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (40094)
main warning: buffer is 78197 late, triggering upsampling
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (40012)

now, basically when i play videos on vlc in YDL 6.2, i can setup vlc to automatically play videos in fullscreen mode, however after i'm done watching them, or if i ever try to exit fullscreen it locks up on me.

perhaps there is a ./configure code someone knows?
80GB PS3 YDL6.2 on a 13" SD 480i - Worlds Smallest Television lol
ravenous420
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL6.2 - VLC MEDIA PLAYER FREEZES

Postby ppietro » 05 Aug 2009, 01:10

ravenous420 wrote:hey i have this in vlc messages when i get the error:

freetype error: failed to load font file /usr/share/fonts/dejavu-lgc/DejaVuLGCSerif.ttf
main warning: resampling stopped after 15700391 usec (drift: -37052)
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (40094)
main warning: buffer is 78197 late, triggering upsampling
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (40012)

now, basically when i play videos on vlc in YDL 6.2, i can setup vlc to automatically play videos in fullscreen mode, however after i'm done watching them, or if i ever try to exit fullscreen it locks up on me.

perhaps there is a ./configure code someone knows?

This appears to be the same question you asked before. We don't allow double posts on our forum. Since you've included some error messages, rather than locking this thread, I'm merging it with your other posts.

So - as to your question - did you try Gnome yet?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonedome » 10 Aug 2009, 23:17

Hello
funnily enough vlc has done a similar thing to me, when I switch to fullscreen it goes blank and the picture won't come back :? same if I set .vlc/config to open in fullscreen, I shall investigate further tomorrow
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby bonedome » 11 Aug 2009, 21:00

Hmmm I had ps3frame buffer limited to 4Mb in /etc/yaboot.conf (for more ram) and changed to 6Mb and now fullscreen works fine :? it never had any probs before, I'll swap it back later and see what happens
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to General