Upgrade PS3 HD

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Upgrade PS3 HD

Postby knicknak » 31 Aug 2009, 22:23

Anyone got a step by step guide to upgrading the PS3 HD so that you end up with your PS3 stuff (saved games, themes, etc) and your YDL Linux Stuff (emulators, accounts, etc) restored?

The PS3 side I assume you can use the PS3 backup tools to save off stuff, then restore once you've set up the new drive (repartitioned, etc).
Mainly my question is how do you do the same for YDL? I assume I might need to re-install YDL 6.1, but is there a way to backup/restore my packages, user folders, etc?

I'm running YDL 6.1 with ZeroGameProject stuff installed.
knicknak
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Upgrade PS3 HD

Postby bonedome » 14 Sep 2009, 22:27

Hello
most of your configuration files will be in your home directory so you can right click on it and click on create archive, I'd suggest using bz2 it takes longer but compresses better as for other files you can't just download again i.e the ones you built yourself they will mostly live in /usr/local you could do the same with that but you'd need to be root, Paul knows the commands to use tar (try typing tar man), I'm sure if he can tear himself away from his infamous demo :lol: and it's before 5am he will help
one thing I forgot, before you copy your home directory delete anything you don't want and empty the trash it copies everything
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to General