YDL 6.1 WIFI PROBS (reeinstalled)

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

YDL 6.1 WIFI PROBS (reeinstalled)

Postby wudafux » 12 Sep 2009, 17:11

i reeinstalled ydl 6.1 to my 1080i tv, I used to have it on my sdtv with no probs. Everything went good no probs.. untill i tried to get the internet working. I pressed EDIT unchecked eth0 ,checked wlan an put 2Wire793 and my wep during setup b4 i installed it. Once i got it all done i tried the internet but it didn't work. I was like wtf. Reeinstalled it 2 times and cant get it to wotk... here is some more info: wep key is 10 digits, i use DSL (2701HG-B) modem , hope u can help me (=
wudafux
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: YDL 6.1 WIFI PROBS (reeinstalled)

Postby ppietro » 12 Sep 2009, 20:27

wudafux wrote:i reeinstalled ydl 6.1 to my 1080i tv, I used to have it on my sdtv with no probs. Everything went good no probs.. untill i tried to get the internet working. I pressed EDIT unchecked eth0 ,checked wlan an put 2Wire793 and my wep during setup b4 i installed it. Once i got it all done i tried the internet but it didn't work. I was like wtf. Reeinstalled it 2 times and cant get it to wotk... here is some more info: wep key is 10 digits, i use DSL (2701HG-B) modem , hope u can help me (=

Okay - first - why did you re-install YDL? Switching from an SDTV to 1080i does not require a re-install. :lol:

Be that as it may, let's try to fix your wireless issue. Assuming you're using the Network Configuration control panel, start with my 6.1 tips and tricks here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4534

There are issues trying to setup Wireless with 6.1. See my scenario 1 for details.

Don't forget - since you're using a 10 digit WEP key, this means you have a HEX password. You will need to make sure you put a 0x - that's a zero and a lower case x - in front of your key when you enter it.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General