karaoke via pykaraoke

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

karaoke via pykaraoke

Postby jjanes » 03 Nov 2009, 20:21

Hi I have a PS3 system and I want to be able to use the Linux partition to run some karaoke software.
I did get YDL 6.2 installed on my system and I can boot between the OS either via the GUI in YDL or changing the booting OS in the PS3 GUI
I looked around and came up with pykaraoke as the s/w
but it has some requirements one of which is causing a MAJOR headache.
The reqs are as follows:
•Python

•Pygame

•WxPython (v2.6 or later)

•libsdl source

•Mutagen (Optional)

I am new to running LINUX on a system other than a webserver so I know SOME of the BASIC commands and processes but would not consider my self a *nix person
Python seems to be part of YDL6.2 so that should not be a problem
I got the source for Pygame and that seems pretty straight forward

The Gotcha is this WXpython it has been a major pain trying to figure out what I need and what I need to do with it

I also have the source for the libsdl and Mutagen.

Again I am pretty sure I can get all the source files for the software except the wxpython.

I think most of the sw has a setup.py so I should be able to do thing like python setup.py build and get them going

but again wxpython is killing me

any ideas on what I need to be doing or if there is anything else out there for karaoke on *nix systems

I am hoping to stay with YDL as it seems the easiest to go from *nix to PS3 and back again

Please treat me as an extreme NOOB when it comes to installing things as I pretty much am

I seem to have seen something about doing a make and that in particular is a bit frightening
jjanes
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: karaoke via pykaraoke

Postby ppietro » 03 Nov 2009, 23:47

jjanes wrote:Hi I have a PS3 system and I want to be able to use the Linux partition to run some karaoke software.
I did get YDL 6.2 installed on my system and I can boot between the OS either via the GUI in YDL or changing the booting OS in the PS3 GUI
I looked around and came up with pykaraoke as the s/w
but it has some requirements one of which is causing a MAJOR headache.
The reqs are as follows:
•Python

•Pygame

•WxPython (v2.6 or later)

•libsdl source

•Mutagen (Optional)

I am new to running LINUX on a system other than a webserver so I know SOME of the BASIC commands and processes but would not consider my self a *nix person
Python seems to be part of YDL6.2 so that should not be a problem
I got the source for Pygame and that seems pretty straight forward

The Gotcha is this WXpython it has been a major pain trying to figure out what I need and what I need to do with it

I also have the source for the libsdl and Mutagen.

Again I am pretty sure I can get all the source files for the software except the wxpython.

I think most of the sw has a setup.py so I should be able to do thing like python setup.py build and get them going

but again wxpython is killing me

any ideas on what I need to be doing or if there is anything else out there for karaoke on *nix systems

I am hoping to stay with YDL as it seems the easiest to go from *nix to PS3 and back again

Please treat me as an extreme NOOB when it comes to installing things as I pretty much am

I seem to have seen something about doing a make and that in particular is a bit frightening

Duplicate post - locking per request of original poster. :)

See here for more details:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6887

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General