deleting

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

deleting

Postby jb_37091 » 09 Dec 2009, 13:07

ok so i downloaded ydl bout half a year ago and i havent really messed with it at all and when i have i didnt really get anywhere before becoming aggravated and jus turning it off. i only have a 80 gb hdd and im running out of space so is there anyway i can delete ydl without deleting everything on my hdd? i have alot of music and movies but i can get them back, my biggest worry is all my dlc from psn as u have a limit on how many times you can download your purchases and i've probably reached my limit on a couple things at least

thanks for any help
jb_37091
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: deleting

Postby jb_37091 » 09 Dec 2009, 13:16

i forgot to mention in running it on my ps3
jb_37091
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: deleting

Postby billb » 09 Dec 2009, 15:53

jb_37091 wrote:ok so i downloaded ydl bout half a year ago and i havent really messed with it at all and when i have i didnt really get anywhere before becoming aggravated and jus turning it off. i only have a 80 gb hdd and im running out of space so is there anyway i can delete ydl without deleting everything on my hdd?

To regain the space, you'd have to:

1. Backup your data using Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility (you'll need a FAT32 USB drive with enough space available)
2. Format your drive using Settings->System Settings->Format Utility, giving all the space to the GameOS
3. Restore your data using Settings->System Settings->Restore Utility

There's no way around it.

i have alot of music and movies but i can get them back, my biggest worry is all my dlc from psn as u have a limit on how many times you can download your purchases and i've probably reached my limit on a couple things at least

I haven't read of a limit on how many times you can download your game purchases, but I know there's a limit on how many different PS3's you can activate your game purchases (I believe that's 5). As long as you're downloading/installing to the same PS3 I haven't seen any limit for games.

Movies, the last time I checked (back in February 2009), cannot be re-downloaded at all once they've been downloaded, but since firmware 2.70 they do get backed up and restored using the Backup/Restore utilities.

Something to consider ... since you'll only be getting approximately 10 GB back with this somewhat time-consuming process, you may want to upgrade your hard drive instead -- it is very easy to do, and some are not as expensive as a new PS3 game.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General