VLC causes crash when moved outside window

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

VLC causes crash when moved outside window

Postby roshi » 19 Feb 2010, 03:43

the vlc player causes system crash when the video is moved outside window parameters. i just found this out by mistake. the USB mouse that i have (don't yell at me - it's branded by Micor$oft) is quirky and it jumps form side to side (because i use a white laminate table top) and i was moving the window around when the window for VLC player moved outside the window -----------------------------------> system halted completely - keyboard would not respond, mouse would not respond, video kept playing. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas how to prevent it? :lol: I don't ask for much! do I ?

--jeff
--those who complain rarely read. those who read rarely complain.
roshi
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: VLC causes crash when moved outside window

Postby smithdwsn » 10 May 2010, 18:43

I think some VLC media player files are corrupted so system is halt.So uninstall it and then install. Otherwise your VLC media player does not support this type of file which is used.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery
smithdwsn
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: VLC causes crash when moved outside window

Postby ppietro » 10 May 2010, 19:27

smithdwsn wrote:I think some VLC media player files are corrupted so system is halt.So uninstall it and then install. Otherwise your VLC media player does not support this type of file which is used.

That's probably not it. Roshi is saying that the videos play fine, unless they're dragged off the edge of the screen.

I think that VLC may have trouble writing outside of the frame buffer. Not sure if there's a fix for that - a newer version of VLC might work better.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General