Terminal input/outerror

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

Terminal input/outerror

Postby sok_linux » 26 Feb 2010, 18:50

Hello,

I've reinstalled YellowDog 6.2 on my ps3 and started using the Xfce gui. It's fast, slick, and working. The biggest problem though is that I can't get into the terminal. Where ever I try to open it I can an Failed to execute default terminal emulator input/output error. Ctrl Atl F5 still works but i'd really like the see the desktop as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
There is only one thing you can do, so do it.
sok_linux
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Terminal input/outerror

Postby CronoCloud » 03 Mar 2010, 01:57

I bet that the terminal command is pointing to XFCE's own terminal package, which is probably not installed. You can probably change it to point to gnome-terminal or xterm. If memory serves me right, you can use Alt+F2 in XFCE to bring up a kind of "Run Window" or "minicli", you can use that to start up a terminal.

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Re: Terminal input/outerror

Postby sok_linux » 04 Mar 2010, 18:25

Thank you both those solutions worked. I tried to uninstall the Xfce Terminal Emulator and reinstall it using the Add/Remove Software but it didn't make any difference.
To use the Terminal in menu items go into

Xfce Menu -> Settings -> Preferred Applications and change the Terminal utility under the Utilities tab.

Here also you can change your default browser. I use Opera 10.10

Thanks again.

*edit added fix for terminal buttons
There is only one thing you can do, so do it.
sok_linux
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to General