YDL CUDA 6.3

General discussion Forum. All YDL related question which are not Install or Beginner questions.

YDL CUDA 6.3

Postby Iguana » 22 Mar 2011, 01:31

I haven't seen an announcement on the Fixstars site nor have I checked the ydl mirror in a while now, but there's a full dvd 6.3 release on the osu mirror. But no live version yet : (
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/ydl/cuda/iso/
Last edited by Iguana on 22 Mar 2011, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: YDL CUDA 6.3

Postby ppietro » 22 Mar 2011, 02:39

Iguana wrote:I haven't seen an announcement on the Fixstars site not have I checked the ydl mirror in a while now, but there's a full dvd 6.3 release on the osu mirror. But no live version yet : (
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/ydl/cuda/iso/

Oooh - that's pretty cool. When I get a little free time (heh!) I'll give it a spin.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Iguana » 22 Mar 2011, 23:02

I'm also wondering if there's a way to dual boot ydl cuda and windows 7?
There's probably stuff on the web, but I'll research when I have more free time to experiment, because I don't wanna mess up due to the fact that laptops don't come with windows install cd's :(
Currently I just run x86 linux's threw vm virtualbox...
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 23 Mar 2011, 01:15

Iguana wrote:I'm also wondering if there's a way to dual boot ydl cuda and windows 7?
There's probably stuff on the web, but I'll research when I have more free time to experiment, because I don't wanna mess up due to the fact that laptops don't come with windows install cd's :(
Currently I just run x86 linux's threw vm virtualbox...

Well - I'm sure there must be a way via Linux's GRUB utility. But - like you - I find it's just much easier to use Virtual Box. :)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Iguana » 31 May 2012, 18:52

Iguana wrote:I'm also wondering if there's a way to dual boot ydl cuda and windows 7?

No need now, i got myself a second hdd for the second hdd slot in my laptop, but sadly when i installed ydl 6.3 on there.. the built in lan network adapter doesn't work nor does the wifi..
Turns out these broadcom network adapters are poorly supported, and it would probably take too much effort to get it to work..
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 01 Jun 2012, 04:17

Iguana wrote:

No need now, i got myself a second hdd for the second hdd slot in my laptop, but sadly when i installed ydl 6.3 on there.. the built in lan network adapter doesn't work nor does the wifi..
Turns out these broadcom network adapters are poorly supported, and it would probably take too much effort to get it to work..

You might not have much luck with this - but if you haven't tried it, you should start up NetworkManager and see if that helps. It's not fully implemented in YDL, but it's setup in YDL for CUDA. It's a small network icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

If it's not running, you can start it by opening up a terminal window, logging in as root with a su -l, then invoking it with service NetworkManager start (case sensitive)

To make it load permanently, open up a terminal window, log in as root with a su -l, then set it to autoload with chkconfig NetworkManager on and reboot.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General