Airport Extreme (different approach)

Architecture specific questions.

Airport Extreme (different approach)

Postby ramsejc » 20 Oct 2004, 06:20

Has anyone tried qemu->NDISWRAPPER->BCM4306 Windows Drivers? The 1300 Truemobile uses the Broadcom 4306 chipset. In fact, all the PC devices that use this chipset that are listed on the NDISWRAPPER compatibility page show that the id for each device is identical: 14E4:4320. According to http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pip ... 14534.html, this can be done with the instructions given within. Just wondering if anyone has tried it...
Proof that they're lusers who must die: they send spam saying "Restore
your sex life" even though they never told you to back it up. -Anthony de Boer in the Monastery
ramsejc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 20 Oct 2004, 14:06

ive heard that the ndiswrapper has some big/little endian problems as far as processor compatability. It was designed for the x86 platform so i have to think that itll have at least a few issues w/ running on a risc system. But i know that there is a way to use mol or its libs to get the airport card up and running w/ net
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Postby ramsejc » 20 Oct 2004, 17:33

That is what the 'qemu' program does. You use it to emulate an x86 processor, so that NDISWRAPPER will run.
your sex life" even though they never told you to back it up. -Anthony de Boer in the Monastery
ramsejc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 21 Oct 2004, 14:07

yeah sorry didnt see the qemu part; yeah that might work; though im not sure about the overhead and mem usage. If you manage to reduce the qemu part to the minimum thats needed to run the ndiswrapper then i think the overhead might be minimised and i would like a tutorial on how to do it so i can try it on my machine :D

another approach would be to create a minimilistic version of mol for just running the osx driver
StarKnight83

Postby ramsejc » 21 Oct 2004, 18:16

I'm new to PPCLinux. I've not yet obtained a copy of YDL 4.0, so I'll have to wait until it's release before I can try it. I'll write up a howto if I get it working.
ramsejc
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

It can't run on ppc linux

Postby Craks » 29 Dec 2004, 10:22

i have tried to make ndiswrapper, and it can't compile, someone said on the ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net that the driver is built under i386, and can't be used used ppc, maybe this is the reason
Craks

Postby StarKnight83 » 29 Dec 2004, 14:18

Thats what the endian stuff i was talking about earlier is
StarKnight83

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks