YDL on PowerBook 17'' Revision A

Architecture specific questions.

YDL on PowerBook 17'' Revision A

Postby 007 » 05 Nov 2004, 15:23

Hello, I was just wondering how compatible version 4 of YDL is going to be with the first 17 inch powerbook that apple released. It has the nvidia graphics card, and from other distros that i've tried installing, it seems that it is a pretty troublesome piece of hardware. I did actually get Debian to work fine, after a friend of mine ssh-ed into my powerbook and altered the contents of the xf86config file. Now i currently have ubuntu installed but the xserver wouldnt boot up because of that same compatibility issue, i've tried it all, but since i cant get a text terminal at boot time there is no way i'm gonna be able to modify that file. So i turn to YDL hoping it'll work, now, will it? I've read a lot about ydl 3 not supporting graphics nor the computers fans, in other words, this thing will burn to ashes if booted with ydl 3. I was just curious if anything is gonna change with this new release or if its gonna be more of the same. Hope u guys can gelp me out with this. THanks in advance.
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 05 Nov 2004, 17:29

only thing that i know to check is to make sure that he xf86config file has "nv" as the driver for the video card section. as well as having "dri" commented out-its an ati option only
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks