How to eject CD while in YDL & KDE???

Architecture specific questions.

How to eject CD while in YDL & KDE???

Postby amishman » 16 Feb 2005, 20:25

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to eject a mounted CD that is in my Powerbook Pismo while in YDL and KDE as the desktop. Works fine of course in OS X by dragging the CD icon to the trash. In Linux mode, no clue. I tried using the eject button the the CD door, no go. I tried the command eject from a terminal screen, no go there also. I get a message "unmount: /mnt/cdrom: device is busy. eject: unmount of /dev/hdc failed.

Anyone here have a clue on how to eject CD's?

tj
amishman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 17 Feb 2005, 15:23

well are you in the /mnt/cdrom directory in the command line when it says that (you cant remove/eject the dir ur in cause its the "working direcotry" of the shell then. you can use the command "lsof /dev/cdrom" assuming that /dev/cdrom is the proper device location of it. another trick to try is drop to a virtual terminal (ctrl+alt/option+fn+fx) where x is 1-6 use f7 to go back to the X server) and type init 3 itll say somethings and if it doesnt drop you back to an input state hit enter. then try to eject the cdrom (im wondering if kde isnt continually polling the drive w/ it automounter bit) to relaunch the gui stuff just type "init 5"
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks