suspend & sound problems & other w. ydl 4 & iboo

Architecture specific questions.

suspend & sound problems & other w. ydl 4 & iboo

Postby uschleth » 03 Mar 2005, 19:21

hi,

i got a pretty old ibook G3 (see http://www.apple-history.com/frames/bod ... k_dual_usb ) and am happy now.

there are several postings here regarding to sound/suspend problems with iboooks. i tried around a lot of things, installed the new kernel-package (2.6.10) with yum, ... my experiences now are:

sound: kde doesn't work with ALSA on an ibook. i pulled up sound with kmix, switched to OSS in control center/sound and in preferences/morepreferences/multimedia systems selector, compiled a fresh version of mplayer and installed it. now i can listen to mp3's and a lot of other things. but other programs coming with ydl don't work and i couldn't get kphone running. so, real alsa support would be great.

suspend: similar to earlier postings, suspend doesn't wake up again because of an automounting daemon. now it's called 'autorun'. to solve this, i removed 'Autorun.dektop' from ~/.kde/Autostart. Now it works pretty good. i don't really need autorun, but if somebody would like to write a script, which kills autorun before suspend and start it again afterwards, just post it here.

so, but now two other questions:
1. dvd's from toshibadvd-drive and large videofiles from hard-disk are not running very fluid. i already configured yaboot to let the kernel boot with idebus=66. cpu is fine, memory too. what could this be?
2. does anybody know how to compile mplayer so that it supports nsv-strams (= winamp-video)?

greetings,
u.s.
uschleth
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks