wallstreet and switching internal drives

Architecture specific questions.

wallstreet and switching internal drives

Postby beldep » 05 Apr 2005, 13:58

Hello I am having a problem switching between the internal zip and cd-rom drives when needed without restarting. I have tried this program called hotswap that i downloaded and it says that it has unloaded one drive then I an remove it and put the other drive in and it says that it has loaded it. I try to mount the new drive and it does not exist. I do an fdisk -l to see what drive I have available and it is not listed there either. I was wondering if anybody knew how to be able to switch these drives while the computer is on because I do not like having to restart to switch drives. Any help will be welcome.

Thank you,

Beldep
beldep
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 05 Apr 2005, 14:37

Id suggest checking to see if the new drive needs some modules to be loaded into the kernel to see/use it. Do any messages come up in the virtual terminal when you remove the old drive and put the new one in?
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Postby beldep » 05 Apr 2005, 14:43

None that I have seen when I use the hotswap program it says that the new drive has been loaded and that is the only message I get. Maybe I need to make sure that the cd drives and zip drivers are loaded as moduals in the kernel so that I can load them after I use the hotswap program but when I ran xconfig it said that the cd and zip drivers were there but didn't say if as a modual or compiled in the kernel.
beldep
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks