Ibook install problems (3.1)

Architecture specific questions.

Ibook install problems (3.1)

Postby Insight--Jester-- » 30 Aug 2004, 06:59

Hi there, ive got a iBook 300 mHz with a 6 gb hdd (built 1999) and i try to install ydl on this iBook and yet nothing happens...at all, i burned the cds (1-3) downloaded from this website and yet they dont work for my iBook (holding the c key at boot to make it boot from cd) any ideas at all, anyone? Thanks

--Insight
Insight--Jester--

Postby trash » 30 Aug 2004, 07:42

Did you download then in binary?
If not use fetch or another ftp program and set it to binary.
6100,g3,g4
trash
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

had simmilar prob first time

Postby StarKnight83 » 01 Sep 2004, 15:49

I originally had a simmilar problem the first time i downloaded the iso's and burned them. you need to check 2 things. 1. do the md5 sums match. there should be a text file with a bunch of #'s in it reference it to them. if the md5 sums match then 2. with your burn prog. see if it allows burning with mac extensions (first time i ripped the disk was normally and i could get them to boot-i found a prog (dont remember if its linux one or nero) that had an option to burn with apple/macintosh extensions and the cds booted up fine that time.
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Discs

Postby b0n0b0n0 » 19 Dec 2004, 13:30

I have another ibook like yours, but my HD is only of 3G. Your problem simply is solutioned burning cds of more quality. It looks an incredible thing, but i burned cds of unknown mark and my ibook don´t read them. I use Traxdata, but it could be another. Forever use quality cds and you will have not that problem.
b0n0b0n0

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks