airport (not extreme)

Architecture specific questions.

Postby gmdfunk » 29 Mar 2006, 19:09

I am trying to set up YDL 4.1 on an ibook g3 300mhz with an airport card and I am having similar sounding problems to some of those in this thread, but I am not able to get passed them. I can run kwifi but it will scan and not find any networks. there are several that I can see from my other computers, but none show up in YDL on kwifi. When I try to connect to my network, I go to the network settings panel and I have it obtain its IP address from DHCP, the type of network is set to auto, and I put in my network name. When I try to activate the device it scans for a few moments and fails to find the network.

I have gone back in and specified a static IP address, and the network type to managed and every combination of these settings I can think of and It always does the same thing.

Anyone have any advice?
gmdfunk
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

466SE clamshell airport problems

Postby natgab » 01 Oct 2006, 23:35

Dual boot (hardware/router ok) Manual settings.

YDL 4.1 no updates except for updating "up2date".

Here is what I have tried:

Remove device & reinstall in Network config then reboot. Devices are saved. Ethernet works ok.

Kwifi manager shows full strength from router but no local IP.

" mdpmd " on startup shows ok, but below says: kerner & module does not support events (fail)
iBook G3 466SE / OSX & YDL 5 (??)
Linux noob
natgab
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: airport (not extreme)

Postby rajoletes » 01 Jun 2009, 21:00

So wide i know in a g4 powerbook, YDL cant use airport.
RUNNING fat ps3 purchased christmas 2008 for 300$ AND 2005 Powerbook G4 AL got as present
rajoletes
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: airport (not extreme)

Postby ppietro » 01 Jun 2009, 21:02

rajoletes wrote:So wide i know in a g4 powerbook, YDL cant use airport.

Again - please look at the posting dates. This message was last updated in 2006.

Since then, there has been a possible solution:

http://us.fixstars.com/support/solution ... reme.shtml

This HOWTO will guide you through the steps of setting up Airport Extreme with YDL v6.x for Apple hardware. It was tested on an Apple PowerBook G4 1.67GHz running a fresh install of YDL v6.1.

Again - locking thread.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to iBooks and Powerbooks