This HOWTO is to guide the creation of a Yellow Dog Linux Install DVD using Windows.
Burning an Install DVD
Note that you must burn the image to the DVD as an ISO.
- Using the default DVD burning software
After downloading the ISO image to your Windows box, you can use the default DVD burning software installed on the Windows system to burn the ISO to a DVD.
- Using freeware (BurnAware Free)
If your default DVD burning software does not support burning ISO images, you can download and install the software of your choice to accomplish this task.
There is a variety of free DVD burning software available. For example, you can use BurnAware Free or any other flavor of freeware. Just make sure it has the ability to burn ISO images to DVD.
To use BurnAware Free to burn an install DVD:
- Download and install the BurnAware Free software.
- After downloading the YDL ISO image to your Windows box, insert a blank DVD into the DVD-W drive of your Windows box.
- Run the BurnAware Free software, either by double-clicking the icon on the Desktop or by selecting the software from the Start menu.
- From the BurnAware Free software user interface, select the DVD tab on the left.
- On the DVD tab, select Burn ISO Image.
- On the ISO Image window, browse to find the downloaded ISO image. Also, select the DVD drive as the Destination drive.
- Click the red, circular button in the upper, right corner of the window to begin burning the DVD.
- Once complete, eject the DVD from the drive and you are ready to install!
This HOWTO was written by Bonnie Gosler, Terra Soft Solutions